Friday, November 29, 2019

Vocabulary revision for the weekend


  • ardent
  • contemplate
  • divulge
  • rapture
  • requisite
  • tartar
  1. _____ control tooth pastes can help in reducing new _____ build-up but they can't remove the already formed _____.
  2. I should have feared to injure both Edmond and yourself, had I _____ my own apprehension to a soul.
  3. You know that I am as capable of managing a ship as the most experienced captain in the service; and it will be so far advantageous to you to accept my services, that upon Edmond's release from prison no further change will be _____ on board the "Pharaon" than for Dantes and myself each to resume our respective posts.
  4. During the Civil War, she was also an ______ abolitionist.
  5. While my companion ______ with a serious and satisfied spirit the magnificent appearances of things, I delighted in investing their causes.
  6. Curiosity, earnest research to learn the hidden laws of nature, gladness akin to rapture, as they were unfolded to me, are among the earliest sensations I can remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment