Sunday, December 1, 2019

Do you know these words?


  • exquisite
  • legible
  • murky
  • tartar
  • vehement
  1. Most of the ______ control tooth pastes also contain fluoride and antibacterial agents to fight the root cause of the problem, the bacteria of dental plaque.
  2. It needs scarcely to be told, with what feelings, on the eve of a voyage, I regarded those marble tablets, and by the _____ light of that darkened, doleful day read the fate of the whale men who had gone before me.
  3. Is the signature ______?
  4. My temper was sometimes violent, and my passions ______; but by some law in my temperature they were turned not towards childish pursuits but to an eager desire to learn and not to learn all things indiscriminately.
  5. I feel _____ pleasure in dwelling on the recollections of childhood, before misfortune had tainted my mind and changed its bright visions of extensive usefulness into gloomy and narrow reflections upon self.

No comments:

Post a Comment