Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Vocabulary Check

lumber - anguish - oscillation - rigorous - alienation- mundane - frizzy - feeble 

  1. So it was regularly the case, the chronicles of these Babylonian Assyrian kings would describe journeys to get _____ as among the great expeditions of their life.
  2. The fragments of the jug broke, and after an hour of useless toil, Dantes paused with _____ on his brow.
  3. A slight _____ showed Dantes that all went well.
  4. His tutor was critical of his work for not being _____ enough.
  5. The study is primarily concerned with urban _____.
  6. One of my favorite scenes inside troy is a very _____ scene.
  7. I had it done and it made it so _____ I can't even brush it.
  8. Was it my fault that whilst the peculiar charms of her sister afforded me an agreeable entertainment a passion for me was engendered in her ______ heart?

3 comments:

  1. 1.alienation
    2.anguish
    3. oscillation
    4. rigorous
    5. lumber
    6. mundane
    7. feeble
    8. frizzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Unknown,here are the correct answers:
      lumber -anguish - oscillation - rigorous - alienation - mundane - frizzy - feeble

      Delete