Saturday, May 7, 2016

Appearance Vocabulary



Good evening everyone! Working hard today and here is your new portion of puzzling sentences.))))
Complete the following sentences with a word from the box.
ablutions
dispelling
forfeit
jilt
vigour
savours
thwarted

1.     He is a pleasant fellow and would ______you creditably.
2.     Mr. Wickham’s society was of material service in ______the gloom which the late perverse occurrences had thrown on many of the Longbourn family.
3.     It makes me very nervous and poorly, to be ________so in my own family.
4.     Mr. Darcy may perhaps hear of such a place as Gracechurch Street, but he would hardly think a month’s ______enough to cleanse him from its impurities.
5.     My father’s opinion of me does me the greatest honour, and I should be miserable to ________it.
6.     That speech __________strongly of disappointment.
7.     You give me fresh life and ________.

2 comments:

  1. 1 jilt
    2 dispelling
    3 thwarted
    4 ablutions
    5 savours
    6 forfeit
    7 vigour

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow!You are a workaholic! Terrific!Keep learning!

      Delete