Saturday, December 23, 2017

A MYSTERY

    I put my coat and furs and mittens on, to go
    With my cunning Christmas sled, out to see the pretty snow.

    I made some little balls, and they looked as white and nice--
    I tried how one would taste, but it was just as cold as ice.

    I took some to the kitchen then, because I thought, you see,
    I’d bake them just like apples--they’d be good with cream and tea.

    I didn’t say a single word about it to the cook,
    When I put them in the oven, but when she gave a look,

    She stared, and held her hands up, and said: “For pity’s sake!
    Who put this water in here, and spoiled my ginger cake?”

    I couldn’t tell. It wasn’t I; but I would like to know,
    Where did my pretty apples, that I was baking, go?
Questions: 
  1. What became of snow balls?

No comments:

Post a Comment