Sunday, February 21, 2016

Today's quiz



Hello everyone! Here is the today’s quiz:
a) thatched
b) indignantly
c) flinging
1.     Then the boat emerged, half swamped, Leach _______the water out and Johnson clinging to the steering-oar, his face white and anxious. ( The Sea Wolf by London, Jack)
2.     He had a nest ______with leaves in the top of a tall tree; and he had a little squirrel wife called Goody.( The Original Peter Rabbit Books by Potter, Beatrix)
3.     I ________deny that I or my wife ever presumed to see your Lordship's name as a means of recommendation to sitters without your permission. (  My Lady's Money by Collins, Wilkie)
(Answer: 1.c;2.a;3.b)

3 comments:

  1. 1) Then the boat emerged, half swamped, Leach flinging the water out and Johnson clinging to the steering-oar, his face white and anxious. 2) He had a nest thatched with leaves in the top of a tall tree; and he had a little squirrel wife called Goody.3) I indignantly deny that I or my wife ever presumed to see your Lordship's name as a means of recommendation to sitters without your permission

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) Then the boat emerged, half swamped, Leach flinging the water out and Johnson clinging to the steering-oar, his face white and anxious. 2) He had a nest thatched with leaves in the top of a tall tree; and he had a little squirrel wife called Goody.3) I indignantly deny that I or my wife ever presumed to see your Lordship's name as a means of recommendation to sitters without your permission

    ReplyDelete