Friday, February 26, 2016

vocab practice for today



Here is your vocab practice for today!
a) dingy
b) bilious
c) ferocious
1.     Evidently his mission was to protect me only, I thought, but when we reached the edge of the city he suddenly sprang before me, uttering strange sounds and baring his ugly and ______tusks. ( A Princess of Mars by Burroughs, Edgar Rice)
2.     John Reed was a schoolboy of fourteen years old; four years older than I, for I was but ten: large and stout for his age, with a ______and unwholesome skin; thick lineaments in a spacious visage, heavy limbs and large extremities.  (Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte)
3.     He gorged himself habitually at table, which made him ______, and gave him a dim and bleared eye and flabby cheeks.  (Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte)
(Answer:1 c; 2.a; 3 b)

No comments:

Post a Comment