1. Why cannot a deaf man be legally convicted? – Because it is unlawful to condemn a man without a hearing.
2. What is that which you can keep after giving to someone else? – Your word.
3. Why are teeth like verbs? – Because they are regular, irregular, and defective.
4. Why is a plum pudding like the ocean? – Because it contains many currants.
5. What part of a fish is like the end of a book? – The fin is.
6. When may a man be said to breakfast before he gets up? – When he takes a roll in bed.
7. Why would it be impossible to starve in the desert of Sahara? – Because of the sand which is (sandwiches) there.
8. What table has no legs to stand upon? – The multiplication table.
9. Why is a dog biting his tail like a good manager? – Because he makes both ends meet.
10. What kind of cat do we usually find in a large library? – A cat alogue.