Monday, May 11, 2020

Vocabulary Check

heck - goofy - ripple - scrutinize -shimmer- sick sense of humour - splinter - subtle 

  1. Little things, ______ things were not the same.
  2. I thought maybe the hall carpet was a slightly different pattern, but who the _____ remembers a carpet pattern?
  3. If it is a joke, it's being pulled by a multimillionaire with a really sick sense of humor.
  4. This girl had red- brown hair, freckles, kind of a ______ expression.
  5. Mrs. Harker was _____ me.
  6. To this day I don't know if I ran away because it was all too much to handle or because I wanted to spare her what I knew: that reality can ______ like a hammered mirror.
  7. Suddenly the air in front of me ______.
  8. It _______, like heat waves gone all silvery, and then it tore open.

No comments:

Post a Comment