Sunday, May 17, 2020

Vocabulary Check

daunting - debrief -digress - distorted - perpetual - sacrosanct 

  1. His skin was like an oil slick over his bones muscles and tendons; you could see them wavery and _____, beneath it.
  2. But _____ goes out the window when the Old Man calls, and there was a note beside my bunk when I awoke, on the Old Man's orange paper, telling me to report to his office at my convenience, which is his way of saying immediately.
  3. Joliet and Joy are ______now.
  4. I have worn and continue to wear multiple professional hats - scholar, consultant, investor, trader, teacher and _____ student.
  5. In this location, there is barely a secondary market for debt, the sheer scale of operations makes everything ______.
  6. This style  is characterized as the lecturer as performer, with a wide range of intonation, and frequent _____.

No comments:

Post a Comment