Sunday, May 10, 2020

Vocabulary Check

buzz cut - chain saw -  contagious -daze -sole - surrender - tap - wind chimes

  1. I ran straight across the street, _____ Rowena on the shoulder and said, "I"m sorry.Guess we should have listened to Ted".
  2. This girl wore her blond hair in _____ - real short.
  3. She was looking at me like I had just climbed out of the sewer wearing a hockey mask and carrying a _____.
  4. I had _____ all my change.
  5. Under the inner_____was a folded five dollar bill.
  6. I took out the five bucks, put my shoe back on, got some change and got on a bus for home, rehearsing all the things I could say to Mr Dimas, to Rowena, even to Ted, and wondering whether I"d get lucky in the next twelve hours and somehow manage to contract a disease so _____ that they'd have to keep me out of school until the end of the semester...
  7. I rode the bus home in a _____.
  8. It looked the same from the outside - same _____ hanging from the front porch roof.

2 comments: