Fill in the blanks with the proper pronouns. See that there is agreement in person, gender, and number:
1. Has everybody finished ____ work?
2. If any one wishes a longer time, let ____ hold up ____ hand.
3. The panther sprang from ____ lurking place.
4. A man has (have) lost ____ money in speculation.
5. The cat came each day for ____ bit of meat.
6. Everyone has to prove ____ right to a seat.
7. Let every boy answer for ____ self (selves).
8. The crowd was so great that we could hardly get through ____.
9. Let any boy guess this riddle if ____ can.
10. Company was greatly reduced in ____ numbers.
11. Every animal has some weapon with which ____ can defend ____self (selves).
12. Nowhere does each dare do as ____ pleases (please).
13. The elephant placed ____ great foot on the man's chest.
14. The child did not know ____ mother.
15. Death gathers ____ unfailing harvest.
16. Every kind of animal has ____ natural enemies.
17. The committee instructed ____ chairman to report the matter.
18. Two men were present, but neither would tell what ____ saw.
19. Truth always triumphs over ____ enemies.
20. Nobody did ____ duty more readily than I.
21. The cat never fails to catch ____ prey.
22. I have used both blue crayon and red crayon, but ____ (do) not write so clearly as white.
23. If John and Henry whisper (whispers) ____ will be punished.
24. If John or Henry whisper (whispers) ____ will be punished.
25. Both Columbus and Cabot failed to realize the importance of ____discoveries.
26. Neither the lawyer nor the sheriff liked ____ task.
27. The canary longed to escape from ____ cage.
28. The rat ran to ____ hole.
29. The dog seemed to know ____ master was dead.
30. Everyone should try to gather a host of friends about ____.
31. If any one wishes to see me, send ____ to the Pierce Building.
32. Probably everybody is discouraged at least once in ____ life.
33. Nobody should deceive ____selves (self).
34. Let each take ____ own seat.
35. Let each girl in the class bring ____ book.
36. Let each bring ____ book.
37. Let each bring ____ sewing.
38. The fox dropped ____ meat in the pool.
39. The rock lay on ____ side.
40. Let sleep enter with ____ healing touch.
41. Each believed that ____ had been elected a delegate to the Mother's Congress.
42. Consumption demands each year ____ thousands of victims.
43. Summer arrays ____self (selves) with flowers.
44. Despair seized him in ____ powerful grasp.
45. If any boy or any girl finds the book, let ____ bring it to me.
46. Let every man and every woman speak ____mind.
47. Spring set forth ____ beauties.
48. How does the mouse save ____ self (selves) from being caught?
49. The hen cackled ____ loudest.
50. Some man or boy lost ____ hat.
51. John or James will favor us with ____ company.
52. Neither the captain nor the soldiers showed ____self (selves) during the fight.
53. If the boys or their father come we shall be glad to see ____.
54. Every man and every boy received ____ dinner.
55. Every man or boy gave ____ offering.